Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quotations

I was reading a book of quotations and here are a few of my favorite:

A foolish man tells a women to stop talking, but a wide man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

This above is is so true.  This is probably a better way to say almost anything.

I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

This is absolutely true for me.  I guess I have achieved a measure of success, but I enjoyed the climb way more then the current success. I enjoyed every hard moment, I enjoyed having to go to someones house for dinner because I had no money.  I enjoyed my failed marriage.  I enjoyed making $2000 a month working for Naveen just 3 years ago.  Yes I enjoyed every hard lesson, every hard moment and every hard time that I have had much more then when I have reached the top  I am unsure why, but I really love being the underdog and the struggle to overcome.  Even when we play cards everyone wants me to lose and I love being that underdog and overcoming that challenge.  I could less about the money I won, but I love the thrill of victory and pain of defeat.  Yes, I love being the underdog.


A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

This is much of a reflection on what will you do for the future generations, I think about this all the time.  What great social good will you contribute to this society.  I try to help as many people as possible that I come across, but I think I need to do even more, not sure what, but I will have to come up with something.