Thursday, June 14, 2012

Food

Sometimes I wonder why we work so hard and accumulate money.  Is it to feel comfortable?  Is it to accumulate material possessions?

I am unsure why I do what I do as far as work and what drives me.

But since coming to India, the simple beauty of eating a simple home cooked meal has been awesome.  In USA my wife does not cook and we eat our almost every single day.  Even when we go to parties it is typically catered by Namaste, and the food is good.  But the taste and simplicity of a good home cooked meal is indescribable. 

I am so much more healthier here in India than in USA.  My parents live in this amazing apartment complex with a lot of space and they have a wonderful walking area around the development.  Here I walk everyday, I eat home cooked meals, and take my medication on time.  I feel heather since coming here.  I would have never guessed it.