Sunday, June 10, 2012

50th Wedding Anniversary

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday.  About 100-150 people came and there were lots of family that showed up.  What was great about the party was that, I do not need to go to coastal Andhra now.  Yeah! 

The event was eventually very nice, but being in India every single person that was hired to work at the event showed up late, from the caterers, to the flower people to the table and chair people etc..

What I noticed was that the hall was very nice with a great AC system.  Apparently there were pillars in the hall that everyone else seemed to notice, and did not like, but I did not really notice them.

In a surprise, there were a lot of people that actually showed up exactly at the right start time of 6PM.  Amazing.

After everything started about 1 hour late, the party turned into a nice event.

I met a lot of people that I have not seen in a long time and it was very nice to catch up with everyone.

But the event was the celebration of 50th years of being married for my parents.  I am not sure how many in the current generation will last 50 years, but it is an amazing feat and worthy of something to celebrate.