Thursday, June 14, 2012

Partying in India

When I was younger I used to go out a lot and hang out with friends at clubs and we used to have a lot of fun.

Now that we are much older, most of us, that have moved back to USA, have settled back into a pattern of Work, enjoying movies and and going to for dinner and occasional a nice vacations, I would guess that is most of us.

I am here to tell you that the group we used to hang out with in India has not changed even a little bit, they are now in their 30's and 40's and they act exactly like they did when they were in their early 20's.  It is amazing, they still stay up till 5-6 AM and hang out, about the only difference is that nowadays they are much wealthier.

Last night I was hanging out with a bunch of friends at N-Grill and it is supposed to stay open till 11-11:30 and it stayed open till 1:30 AM.  I was asking when the place was going to close and someone said when we wanted it to close it will close.  The crowd was a who's who's of influential people.  There was the Jagan group with a bunch of his cousins in one corner, there was the congress group in another corner and there was the USA group in another area.  I am guessing that the USA group came for the Chiranjeevi's sons wedding.

The restaurant finally turned off the AC's at 1am and it was getting unbearably hot and everyone decided to leave for a friends guest house.  There is no way I was going and I gave some excuse and got into my car and came home.  I got 15 missed calls to come to the guest house.  I am way to old to party like these kids.

It was a nice review of our lifestyle from the old days, and I can promise those of you that miss the old days, absolutely nothing has changed and you can come back and live just like we just to in the old days.

Here are the differences from the old days:

The Indian kids are way wealthier then us.
The girls seem prettier
Everyone seems to have a guest house for after parties when the clubs close down
Everyone drives a fancy car, there were Range Rovers, Audi's, BMW 7 Series etc...

So all you kids in USA, if you have hit a midlife crisis and want to relive your youth, come back to India.

There are even a group in Bangalore that work for 3-4 months in USA as doctors and then come back to party for the rest of the year in Bangalore with that money.

In the end analysis if that is what makes you happy, I think that lifestyle is perfectly fine, but not for me. 

I actually enjoy working and being productive.  I actually enjoying coming up with ideas for a business and creating a plan to grow that business.  I do not struggle for money anymore, but I struggle for the sake of creating a lasting business that will be there much after I die. 

It was fun for a day to relieve my old lifestyle.