Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Keepers

I was thinking about something that I said earlier about friends that are keepers.  I was trying to come up with a real list of friends that I would consider Keepers.

Who is a keeper and what is the definition of a keeper.

A keeper is a friend that will help you regardless of the consequences financially, emotionally and socially.

I used to have a different definition earlier in life and that was used to be, if you committed a murder and you went to someone would they help you.

But now I feel that definition is highly unfair, because you are putting your best friends in an untenable situation and it is almost unfair on your part to do that.  So I guess my definition has changed somewhat now that most of us are married and have kids and responsibilities.

So after a lot of thought the below are my current keepers:

Dr Bobby
DA Srinivas
Dr Jeevan
Dr Sunand
Vasant
Naveen
Upendra
Subbu

There are reasons to eliminate Naveen from this list, but I think if I was in real trouble and not some imagined need, he would be there to help me.  Plus it is very hard for me to think of Naveen as not a keeper, since without him I would have nothing.

I do not care what anybody says Srinu did or does, he is most loving and true friend you can possibly have.  For someone that is as rich and powerful as he is, I can call him at almost anytime or text him and he will call me back promptly.  If I was ever in trouble in India and really needed something and I called Srinu, there is no doubt that he would be there for me.  We are part of his old gang that knew him before the family was super rich, and he is very close with all of us.

All the rest of the people in my life besides the above I would classify as friends or good friends, but not keepers.

A keeper is someone that is special.  A keeper is someone that you treasure.