Saturday, November 26, 2011

DC Trip

I had taken Neeta and the kids on a tour of DC last night. We started at the Capital, then the Smithsonian area and the Mall, then we went by Jefferson Memorial, and then we stopped at the FDR memorial. The tour guide did a great explanation of this monument. It is very appropriate in this time of high unemployment to visit this memorial and remember what took us out of the depression and all the great work that FDR got done during his watch as a president.

Then we went to the MLK memorial and that was nice. I guess the quote that I remember the most from his memorial was, "Darkness cannot defeat darkness, only Love can defeat darkness."

It sounds so nice to hear, but does this really apply in our current times? Maybe to some situations, but not against Al Qaeda, if we showed them love and compassion, I think they would see it as a sign of weakness.

Then we went to Korean Memorial, the Lincoln and then the Vietnam Memorial.

Then we went to get back on the Party Bus, and the Bus was dead. Yes, the battery was dead and we took Taxi's to the dinner at BLT Steak. By the time we got to BLT, the party bus driver said that the Bus was OK, and to call him and he would pick us up to go home.

OK, here is where I think that I have the taste of poor village boy. We were at this fancy steak place, and they gave this fancy bread, and dried meats, and some liver paste. I know that all these are all fancy foods and I am supposed to enjoy them, but to tell you the truth, YUCK! I was thinking how nice it would be if I could a few punugulu instead. Then we ordered dinner, I ordered a 28 day aged steak. It was nice, I ate half, and left the other half for my dog. Got back on the bus and went to dessert at, Krispy Kreme, we got HOT doughnuts as they came off the line and that was nice.

Got back home and then ate rice and pickle.

OK, I admit it, I am man of simple village boy tastes. Money is wasted on someone like me. I enjoy a simple Telugu movie, a simple Indian dinner and a nice Hot Doughnut.

Ok, that was the trip. I learned a little history and I learned that making money still does not change your taste buds. I am who I am, I will never be this suit wearing, fancy dinner type of person.