Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Surgery Over

The surgery is over and I survived. Yeah!! But what this stay in the hospital has done is show me a few things.

1) My company does not need me - It does fine even when I am away for long periods of time. My staff is more than capable of running my company.

2) You do not want to be in the hospital. I was actually in for a small procedure and what a pain in the ass to be in the hospital. I think it is time to work hard and lose weight and control the diabetes. Otherwise I will likely spend the last few years in a hospital.

3) I hate IV's

Let me tell you what happened from the point I was in my room. I was actually wheeled in the bed itself to Pre-Op. There I hung for a little while and then they wheeled me into the OR. There my bed was put right next to the operating table and then I moved over on to the operating table. Then they took each hand and tied them down on these extenders for hands at about a 35 degree angle. They put warm blankets on me, that was nice, it was so comfy. They put a mask on me and said that I am now breathing oxygen and then the lady said the gas has started and that was the last thing I remember. Next thing you know I woke up in the pre-op again. Hung out there for about 30 minutes and people were screaming next to me, it was rather disconcerting.

Then they wheeled me to my new room, 2106 and they call this a step down, whatever that means. So here I am in the step down.

I also had a Foley Catheter that they removed in the pre-op after the surgery and I have to say that the first time I peed after they removed the Foley was crazy painful.

I was dying of thirst and Sunand came over brought me a diet coke and a few bottles of water and that was a life saver.

Now something odd has developer after the surgery. Remember that I had a cough all the time and that was why I was in surgery to do a biopsy. The cough is now gone, completely. I wonder if this means that the enlarged Lymph Nodes were touching the Phrenic nerve or something to that effect and causing the cough. Anyway an interesting development.