Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Still No Discharge

Totally bored out of mind at the hospital. I want to be discharged.

I am drinking and eating without any issues or pain and I am still on an IV. Sometimes I think that the medical profession has no one with common sense in it anymore. They blindly follow protocol and follow what is on the chart.

Everyone knows that I should be discharged and should be sent home. The hospitalist said so, the pulmonologist said so, a staff member from the surgeon said so, so my question is why the hell am I still here.

What an inefficient system. They really need to send me home and fill this bed with someone that is sick.

OK, just figured out what the delay is. The hospitalist apparently called in a consult for an endocrinologist and a hematologist. They are calling him to cancel this so that I can go home.

The IV was annoying, so I stopped it and disconnected it. I feel much better now.