Thursday, November 24, 2011

In DC

I started for DC on Monday morning. I stopped for lunch at my sisters house and we ate spaghetti with garlic bread. It was very good.

My sisters son was home, and this was his first trip home after he started working for me. He had taken his mother and father out to Red Lobster, that was nice.

This kid when he was looking for his first job used to tell me that all he needed to be comfortable was $30,000 a year. I pay him and $56,000 and next year he will make around $80,000-$100,000 based on his bill rate, and he now says that even $100,000 is too little. He says that the minimum he now needs to live comfortable is $200,000. This is after just 4 months of working, it is crazy how someone's prospective changes after they start paying their own bills.

I found the whole conversation very interesting and I agree with him, $100,000 nowadays is not a tremendous amount of money after taxes.

We are now in Wash DC, having fun. We will leave back to Detroit on Sunday.