Thursday, November 3, 2011

AMA - Finally had To Do It

My blood sugar, fasting without any insulin was 202 and they gave me 8 units of insulin. I was under the doctors control as far as food and drink and after lunch the blood sugar was 350. Of course it is going to be 350. I normally take 100 units of Levomir in the morning. The nurse said that they did not have Levomir.

The Hospitalist was refusing to let me leave the hospital since he was afraid of a DVT with my high blood sugar and he wanted an Endocrinologist consult.

My question to the hospitalist is, do you not have a brain? Are you incapable of thinking logically? I think I have little patience for incompetence. How the hell is the blood sugar going to be in control when you are being reactive to a blood sugar after the fact. I just ate a lunch, and you knew exactly how much insulin to give to keep the blood sugar in control and you choose not to do that. Instead you take an blood sugar reading and say, oh no the blood sugar is high. Of course it is high, what steps did you take to make sure that it was in control, none.

Dumb ass.

Anyway I was tired of his incompetence and left AMA (Against Medical Advice). The other 2 doctors said that I can go home, and that was good enough for me.

I was so happy to be home. My legs were actually feeling numb in the hospital. I am sure if I had to stay another day longer I would have gotten sicker.