Thursday, January 24, 2013

Other Parents

I have heard from lots of parents with daughters how my opinions are totally wrong on this issue of having our Telugu girls marry Telugu boys.

So many of you have pointed out how your daughters have married Non-Telugu boys and have successful marriages.

I am not criticizing your choice for your daughter, I am not saying it is wrong, I am not saying you did something wrong.  I have just stating what I expect for my daughter and how I plan to achieve my goal.

For all the advice I give, I did not even listen to my own advice.  I married a Non-Telugu girl.

When you fall in love, you fall in love and at some point the kids will simply not listen to you and do what they feel is right.

I know a few people who married a Telugu boys and the marriage did not work out, from my generation, my own sister married a Telugu boy and got divorced within just a few years.   Kalpana married a Telugu boy, and that did not work out either. 

So there is no guarantee  of success if someone married a Telugu boy.

But based on my belief system and what I want, I am going to do my best to get my daughter to marry a Telugu boy.  I may or may not succeed, but I will try my best. 

In reality though, when love bites you, you simply do not know who it will be with.