Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New Years Resolutions for 2013

I watched a fantastic movie called Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  It is a documentary about the best sushi chef in the world.  Jiro is 85 years old and he still comes to work everyday in his restaurant, Sukiyabashi Jiro.

 What the documentary teaches you is that to be the best at something it takes extraordinary hard work and some god given talent.

Jiro works 12 hours a day and is obsessive about the quality of the ingredients and the methods to prepare them.

So the move got me thinking about wanting to be the best at something.  I believe that VXL Training is one of the best IT training centers in USA, but are we the best, I do not know, but I know that we have vast room for improvements.  So this years resolutions are some personal and some business related.

1) Lose 50 pounds
2) Work with dedication and focus and put in the hours it takes to become the best.
3) Stop spending so much money.
4) Learn to live frugally.

I have lived in the past like I was going to die anytime.  I think I had this feeling that since I was so overweight it was just a matter of time, before I died. So I truly lived life to the fullest.  I wanted to know that even I died tomorrow, I could feel like I had lived a full life.

I know that it is wrong, but that is how I have lived.