Friday, August 24, 2012

Positive Thinking and Invitro


I was watching a documentary called The Secret, The Secret says that the universe is governed by a natural law called the law of attraction which is said to work by attracting into a person's life the experiences, situations, events, and people that 'match the frequency' of the person's thoughts and feelings. Therefore, positive thinking and feeling positive are claimed to create life-changing results such as increased wealth, health, and happiness.

I used to be a super positive person.  

Yesterday I got this email:

The initial pregnancy test is positive! We will be checking for rising levels and get back again on Monday.

In the past I would have been super excited.  You know what my reaction this time after I had to face the disappointment from last time.  Eeehhhh.  Yes that was my reaction.  I think the extreme disappointment from last time has not left my system and I doubt I will be excited this time until the very end.

So here goes the roller coaster ride again.  

Last time everyone was telling me to wait till after the 3rd month and everything is further along, but I was so sure of a positive result I was planning everything, right down to the name and color scheme of the nursery.

But I refuse to get excited this time and I will keep a wait and see approach.

I am hoping that a disappointment will not hurt me emotionally.  God knows I have been hurt enough in that arena.

By the way the documentary was stupid and I stopped watching after about 20 minutes.  The secret to success is hard work, luck and perseverance.  Sure if you are bubbly or attractive you may get more opportunities for success, but everyone in life will get opportunities and it up to you grab them.