Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fantasy Football League

I am in one fantasy football league already and the buy in was $100 each and we have 12 people in the league and I have been trying to get the guys to increase the buy in so that more people take the league more seriously, but I have been unable to do so.  By the way I have never won anything in my league, but I like for people to take it seriously.  Everyone takes way to long on trade decisions and there are very few trades that ever happen.  I always start with a great team but I am decimated by injuries.  I need a little bit of luck and I think this year I can win.

So to make the league more exciting I have chipped in $2000 into the prize pool so that there is a total of $3200 in the prize pool.  Let us see if this makes a difference in the league as far as attitudes.

I have a bunch of American in this league and it always amazes me that they think that I am crazy for chipping in $2000.  I really enjoy Fantasy Football and to make something I love more competitive, fun and interesting, I chipped in the money.  On a single night of playing cards I have lost more than $10,000 so me chipping in $2,000 is not a big deal.  I do not want any benefit for chipping in the $2000, all I want is for everyone to take the league a little more seriously.

I have started a new league in Yahoo called VXL Football League with the same $100 buy in.  I have invited a lot of my friends and this should be fun.  In case I did not send the invite out to you or you also want to play, send me an email and I will send an invite out to you.