Sunday, August 12, 2012

Disciplining a Kid, Really?

I was just walking Kumo at 9:30 PM and it was pitch black at night.  We made a right at the bottom of the drive way.  He was scared of the fireworks recently and he would go about 4-5 house pee on a few trees, poop and then we would come home.  Recently he has been getting better, since there has not been any fireworks and we kept walking.


View Larger Map


In the map above A is my house.  Like I said we made a right at the bottom of the driveway on to Argyle street and we kept going and we got to Argyle and White Pines and we kept going straight on Argyle.  About halfway down, the sidewalk ends and we had to cross the road to get to the other side of Argyle.  We got to the corner house, this guy always has this huge American Flag flying on a very large pole, always.  Right when we got to the house a dad put outside the house a young girl about 5-6 years old.  The girl is scream at the top of the lungs, in between screaming she is saying, "let me in dad", more screaming, and this is high pitched screaming at the top of her lungs.  Kumo stops and starts whimpering, I told him it is OK and to keep walking.  He takes a few steps and then stops and whimpers again.

I hear her dad say something, not sure what, but the girl start screaming, "I can't calm down", "let me back in."

This screaming went on till we got to White Hall and we had to make a left to head back home.  At that point it finally stopped.

Obviously it was some sort of discipline method that the dad had, and I am sure he knew what he was doing, but boy that was unsettling.