Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happiness

I would guess that what everyone searches for is ultimately, happiness.  I have been thinking about this long and hard.  What would make me happy?

I think each and every year this list changes.  For the last few years, I used to feel like having my own child would make me happy.  But I do not think that is on my list anymore.  Yes, yes I am still trying, but it is almost an afterthought and not really expecting success.

I used to be a very happy person and I forgot why it was that I was happy.

It seems to me like life has become this daze and each day keeps blending into the next.  Once is a while I think about just leaving to go and live in the Caribbean and open a Jet Ski rental place.  I though that this was funny in its own way, even when I run off somewhere, I think about opening a business there.

But I have too much responsibility and I cannot simply leave.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not sad either.  But that feeling of pure happiness is missing.

Is this normal and does everyone think like I do?