Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wedding Reception

I went for a wedding reception in DC and I met Nalini there.  After my divorce there was really only 2 girls I though of meeting from my past and one of them was Nalini.

It was nice seeing her, I had no idea that she was coming to the wedding.  It was crazy loud at the wedding and I never really got to talk to her, except for a casual hello.

It is crazy that I did not know her last time.  I knew her for years and never got around to knowing her last name. If I had known her last name I would have definitely gotten in touch with her.  She was one of the truly nice ones from my youth.

It was surprising that hardly any of the kids from my generation came for the wedding only Lakshmi, Lalitha, Kalpana and Nalini were there.  No Suman, No Ramu, No I forgot the rest of the names.  I was happy to see Kalpana's son, Shaunik there.  A lot of the kids that I grew up up, acted a lot more American and distanced themselves from the India side.  I was always more Indian than American.  I love Telugu movies but I love American Football and my Redskins.  I think I am a good mix of both and I am able to mix well with both groups.

Good thing you never married me Nalini, I am a terrible husband.  Good provider, but terrible husband.  I am sure my current wife would agree with me.