Friday, July 13, 2012

Switcheroo

I have a dog that acts like a cat.

I have a wife that works twice as hard I do.

I have a friend that is guy that acts like a girl.

I have a lot of contradictions in my life.

Let me explain the last one.  I have a friend that I started a business together with and he was without questions one of the hardest working persons I know.  He would work 18 hours a day with boundless energy.  But he had two major flaws.

1) He does not trust anyone
2) He thinks everything is a conspiracy

Let us get to the point and on why I feel he acts like a girl.  Like a girl he will not tell you if there is a problem.  Like a girl he will stop picking up phone calls or answering emails.  Like a girl he expects you to guess what is the problem and to fix it.  I could go on and on.

( He has fantastic good qualities also, but his bad qualities take over rather quickly, when he feels something has gone wrong)

I have the opposite problem in life.

I will usually trust everybody and this allows me to get cheated easily.
I will usually tell you to your face if I have a problem with you.

One day he simply stopped picking up my phone calls or answering my emails, and I asked him what was wrong, and he said, nothing and that he was sick, or the next time, he was busy or the next time, that his phone was having a problem.  You get the picture.

Finally after lots of coaxing, he did tell me what was wrong.  He also said just like a girl, I should have figured out that something was wrong and should have worked to correct it.  The day I heard that, I knew I was dealing with a girl mentality. 

I tried to give him an explanation as to what he felt was wrong.  Basically it was an issue with profit distribution.  He wanted to buy a house and a Mercedes in India, and because of cash flow issues, there were no distributions coming out of the company.  We were profitable, but all the cash was stuck in accounts receivable, since we were still a young business. 

I explained and explained, but finally in the end he wanted to sell his share of the company and I bought it back from him for $150,000.  I begged him to keep his shares and step back for a while and I would lend him $50,000 at zero percent interest.  But no, he insisted that someone buy his shares out and finally after lots of back and forth negotiations I paid him $150,000 over 4-5 months, it might have been 6 months.  He had some valid points for selling his shares and I agree with him on a few of his points, but I told him to trust me and everything will work itself out and he can make lots of money.  But he chose not to do so and he got paid his money.

He is crazy talented at what he does and I am sure he thought that we would fall apart after he left, but we have succeed and diversified in what we do, and tell you the truth I was very scared and worried after he left, but we did succeed.  The exact feeling I had when my friend left was the same feeling I got when my ex-wife left me.  I was so scared and wondered what the hell I was going to do, and now everything depended on me. When I paid him the $150,000, I had borrowed that entire $150,000 to pay him and we were barely making any money in the company on a cash flow basis, but we had the potential to make money with all the finished resources that he had on the bench.

Based on our current profit and growth he would currently be making about $30,000 a month.  I wish he had kept his shares, because I think after a year of sitting out he would have come back to us on his own and would have wanted to help us grow even more.  I am sure if he was with us we would be making even more money then we are now, that is how talented my friend is.  There is no question that without his help there is no way I could have started this business.

As far as his 2nd quality he constantly thinks that there are conspiracies afoot.  He still thinks that YSR was murdered and that the helicopter accident was not an accident at all.  He reminds me of a documentary I saw called Zeitgeist. 

Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told

Part I questions religions as being god-given stories, arguing that the Christian religion specifically is mainly derived from other religions, astronomical assertions, astrological myths and traditions, which in turn were derived from or shared elements with other traditions. In furtherance of the Jesus myth hypothesis this part argues that the historical Jesus is a literary and astrological hybrid, nurtured politically. The work of Acharya S, author of The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, was used extensively in Part I of the movie.

Part II: All the World's a Stage

Part II uses integral footage of several 9/11 conspiracy theory films and claims that the September 11 attacks were either orchestrated or allowed to happen by elements within the United States government in order to generate mass fear, initiate and justify the War on Terror, provide a pretext for the curtailment of civil liberties, and produce economic gain. These claims assert that the US government had advance knowledge of the attacks, that the military deliberately allowed the planes to reach their targets, and that World Trade Center buildings 1, 2, and 7 underwent a controlled demolition.

Part III: Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain

Part III argues that three wars of the United States during the twentieth century were waged purely for economic gain by what the film refers to as "international bankers". The film alleges that certain events were engineered as excuses to enter into war including the sinking of the RMS Lusitania, the attack on Pearl Harbor, and the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.

According to the film, Many US Wars were not to win but to sustain the conflict, as this forces the US government to borrow money from the bank, allegedly increasing the profits of the "international bankers". The film then goes on to claim that the Federal Income Tax is illegal.

Back to our story:

Like I said he is just like this movie.  You can maybe agree on the 1 or 2 points in his conspiracy theory, but then his opinions start getting more and more outlandish and that is when you know how his brain thinks.  He simply thinks that almost everything is some sort of crazy conspiracy.

But I would still consider him to be a friend but when he constantly keeps acting like a girl, I do not think I can associate with him anymore.

I do not have the inclination to play those girl type games with my guy friends also.

I am still contemplating removing his phone number from my contacts.  Let me sleep on it for a day before I make that decision.