Friday, July 6, 2012

Sorry

Sometimes when you get caught up in things and you may even realize that you are doing harm to somebody else, but you cannot help it in that moment in time and those circumstances.

Now in retrospect you look back on an event and can see that what you did was wrong.  Truth may have been on my side but still what is wrong is wrong.

Forgiving my ex is within me and I am happy that I have forgiven her.  It may or may not matter to her, but it matters to me.  Generally I am a very happy person, you may not see it when you meet me, since I am so even keeled, but yes in general I am a very happy person.  I actually am happy when I make others happy.  I am not sure if that is weird, but truly I get great pleasure in making others happy. 

Back to the point.  What is wrong is wrong.  So yes I am sorry for the emotional turbulence I caused my ex.  So let us pretend that I am facing her, here is what I would say:

"Sorry for everything, sorry for the obvious emotional toll that I inflected upon you, sorry for the bitterness and hatred I had for so long.  I truly loved you so deeply and in a way will always love you to some degree, and I am sorry that you are not involved in my life in some small way."

Sometimes things eat me up inside until I have to say something and I had this inside me and I wanted to say it, so I said it and I will not mention this again.