Friday, July 20, 2012

Bike

I gave my sisters daughter a Missoni Bike that I had.  She really liked it and it is kind of cute.  I am not even sure who Missoni was when I bought the bike, but I bought it anyway.  I had it put together and it used to sit in my sun room.  I had never ridden it, and there it sat as an art piece.   It was amazing how many great compliments I got on that bike in the sun room, everyone that saw it, loved it.

Here is a picture of it:



Rekha is now going to The Ohio State University and she wanted to use it on campus and I thought it was a great idea so I gave it to her.

But this caused me to think, if my ex-kids had bikes and I wanted to buy some for them.  I text'd the ex to ask if they had bikes already, no response.  Then I realized it, it was not who I was, or who I am now, but who she perceives me to be, and that is why there was no response.

I may have had good intentions, but the no response was a reminder that a mother did not want a stranger involved in her kids life.

So I took that message to heart.  I have removed every vestige of the ex and the kids from my phone and computer so far.  I am unsure if I should throw away all the old marriage pictures and all the other small nicknacks you collect in a life together.

I have so far, as a start, removed everything there is to do with the ex and all her family and friends from my phone and computer.  I will work on the all the other stuff I have in storage, like marriage pictures, love letters etc...  I will likely just throw all the rest of the stuff away also over the next 2 days.

I guess I was just a little dense to figure it out.  I want out of the life of everything and everyone having to do with the ex.  If I see you I will ignore you, if I hear from you I will not respond, and eventually all memory will fade of the people and events.

I have no regrets.