Sunday, July 8, 2012

Life and Prespective

There are a lot of things you will come across when taken in perspective and different view point will make you much happier.

When there are no parking spaces except for the handicapped spaces in a parking lot and you have to park very far, how do you take that?

There are so many people that would park in the handicapped space or be unhappy about having to park so far, but when I am in this situation my view is that I am extremely happy that I am healthy and do not have to park in the handicap space.  When you view it from my point of view, doesn't it make you happy?

You have a big bill at a restaurant and have to leave a tip.  There are so many people that are unhappy having to leave a 15% tip.  My view on this is, thank goodness that God has blessed us that we do not have to work as a waiter (There is nothing wrong with this job, except for being extremely hard), and we can afford to enjoy eating out.  I usually leave anywhere from 20-30% in tips, not because I am trying to impress anybody, but simply I can afford it and I know how hard a waiter or waitress works.

A small side note here on perspective: (This really happened)

I have to admit something here and I am not proud of it, but about 3 years ago when I was in Houston I had gone to an Indian Store to get some Samosas as an evening snack and I was driving the S55 (The big Mercedes) and the parking lot was very small and I was waiting for a parking spot, one opened up in front of me and I turned the car forwards away from the parking spot so that I could back my car in.  Meanwhile an older Indian quickly took his small car and squeezed into the spot.

I was pissed.  I park the car right where I was blocking the entire parking lot.  So you can imagine right.  Only 2 rows of cars that are parking and my big Mercedes blocking the entire lot so that no one can leave or come in.  Not sure why this incident pissed me off so much, but it did.  It was an older Indian man and I told him that this was my spot and he had better move his car out.  He said no, because if I wanted it, I should have taken it first.  I was yelling at him and instead of getting out of the car he rolled the window down.  I grabbed him by the throat and pulled him out of the car.  He was a smallish Indian man and I am not sure if I was strong back then or just the adrenaline rushing through me, but yes, I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him out of the car.

Being in an Indian shopping center all the Indians came out of all the shops and were watching this.  Another Indian approached me and said, "Yar, why get upset, I am leaving, come and take my spot."

I said no, that this was my spot and I only wanted this spot.

Meanwhile 3 police cars came with lights flashing, and the police came and asked both of what was going on, I told them my story how this guy had stolen my parking spot and how this was not right and truly embarrassed here, but I told them to check this guys papers since he was talking very poor English and I was sure he was an illegal.  (I told you I was pissed)  The cop just stared at me when I said this and I could tell he was upset when I said this.  (The cop was Mexican descent)

Meanwhile on the neck of the old an there was a small spot of blood.  I had not cut my nails and my nail had dug into his neck when I was pulling him out of the car and there was spots where my nails cut into his neck.  The police asked him if he wanted to press assault charges against me, since he had the injury and the other Indians were telling him to say no and finally after thinking about it, the old man said no.  The police left.

My car was still blocking everything, and I went into the store, the people in line moved away and let me go first and I bought my samosas and then got in my car, still parked in the middle of the parking lot and went back to work.

You have to remember that this was the time that B**** and I was engaged in a court battle and I can see how her lawyer would have loved for me to be booked on an assault charge.  I think in retrospect it would have changed the entire tone of the lawsuit.

Anyway I am not proud of myself, but I can see how people can get mad and sometimes do the most foolish things and so out of character of their normal self.

I bet you could never imagine that I could do something like that, right?

Now back to our perspective story.

I have this amazing garden and landscaping in my house.  I mean it is truly amazing, I heard it cost the former owner almost $100,000 putting in the initial landscaping.  Anyway it was overgrown with weeds and generally very unruly and I had gotten an estimate for cleaning it up and getting new mulch and the quote from Begonia Brothers was over $7000 just to clean it up and get new mulch.  I was shocked, for landscaping $7000, are they crazy.  But I get House Beautiful and Elle Decor and I forgot which magazine, but I was reading on perspective and how an 70-80 year old was talking about gardening and she was saying that she was happy God gave her another year and it was her duty to make the garden as beautiful as possible since she was given another year.  In a way that is correct, I pass by a few houses in my neighborhood and the gardens are soo beautiful, and I always to think what a waste of time, but I can guarantee you that if I am around for next year, my garden will be the most beautiful in the neighborhood.  So you can view the garden as an expense and a nuicence and you can view at as God giving you another year to view beauty and giving you a chance to participate.

Do you complain that you have to walk the dog twice a day.  My view has always been it is my pleasure to take my dog for a walk.  I enjoy it just as much as he does and what is sweeter that a boy and his dog out for a walk.  I am happy that  I am healthy enough to walk with my dog and it will always be my pleasure to take my boy out for a walk.  I know so many people that have dogs that do not take them for a walk and it is such a shame that they view this is a chore or some sort of work.

Whatever situation you face in life, take things in perspective and be happy for what you are able to do and what you have.  Look on life in a positive way and you live a much fuller life.