Saturday, June 26, 2021

Weird Rich People

It has been a long time since I had an entry and I thought I would restart my blog again.  I have a friend that is crazy rich most likely even a billionaire or at a minimum worth hundreds of millions.

Let us get it out there that he has helped me a lot and I mean a lot.  He used to be very different a few years ago but has changed a lot over the last few years.  He used to do a lot of charity work and spend a ton on time and money trying to do good for the world.  But most o those activities failed and after multiple failures he has stopped trying now.

The weird thing about having money is that it allows you to be an asshole and people will not say anything to your face.  You can also not give a shit about what people say because there will always be others to try and be nice to you.  People are always there ready to be obsequious to you, thinking that they may benefit somehow.

Money should be used to bring comfort, happiness and safety to those around you.  It should not be used a cudgel.   

Let us get back to my friend, until a few years ago I used to see people talking very respectfully about him but after how he has been acting over the last few years that respect is gone among some of his friends.

We play cards for $5 dollars a point so you may win or lose a thousand or maybe on a super bad day maybe two thousand.  Every single person in the group we play with pays their losses instantly or maybe after a day.  It never goes longer than that.

This rich person lost 4500 over 3 days during the weekend and he did not pay.  I have texted him, Murli has texted him and he has not responded.  All the others who have lost have paid.  

Now people are saying things like, wadu only sulu kaburulu chepathadu (he only does useless talk, and it has no point, also wada at the beginning is used to show disrespect).    There is actually a lot more bad things people are saying about him.  I even texted him that people are saying these things about him.  He did not respond.

One of the persons that is owed money, called me and complained about him for 20 minutes.  After leading such a big life and having such a great name in the community how you can allow such talk about yourself.  I would be embarrassed to allow that type of talk.  The money is so small and inconsequential for him.

When you have billions or hundreds of millions, it is surprising that he does not pay his losses.  I am unsure what the hell he is thinking.  

But I have lost all respect for him after how he has been acting.  I used to jump when he calls and do any work that he needed or even his kids needed.  But I cannot do that for someone that I do not respect any more.

I have decided that I do not respect him any longer and will not deal with him anymore.  I am done.