Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Keeping Kids Busy

I hang out with a lot of college kids and guess what, they do not listen.  I used to tell about all the times where I had failed and what I would have done different.  I thought being honest and truthful would inspire the kids and make sure that they do not make the same mistakes as I did.  Guess what?

Kids, do not listen, at least the ones I hang with.  Or they selectively listen and only hear what they want to hear.

I think the best way to make sure kids do not mess up is to keep them super busy with activities and do not give them any free time where they can mess up.

I do that with my daughter and I keep her busy all day, even during the summer.

My daughters current schedule is:

M-F Summer Sports camp 9am - 3pm
M evenings horse camp
Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 1.5 hours of personal trainer sessions to work on general fitness and agility,
Tuesday and Thursday 4pm - 6pm - Tutor - to make sure she keeps learning
This leaves Wednesday Evenings free and Saturday and Sunday free most of the day.  

I am thinking of adding 2 sports trainings during the weekend so that she will be occupied half of the day.

I plan on keeping her busy like this until she gets to college.

A busy kid is a kid that cannot get in trouble.