Monday, October 31, 2011

Surgery - Nov 1 2011

Got the insurance approval and the surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I went at 3:20 PM to the Surgeons office and they gave me a packet to get admitted to Doctors Hospital at Renaissance. Went to the hospital and finished the paperwork and they had me do a few more tests, usual blood work, bleeding time, MRSA (Felt weird when they do the swab), EKG and an x-ray.

I have to check into the hospital at midnight for the surgery and the surgery is scheduled for Nov 1, 2011 in the morning. Apparently I have to spend the night tomorrow also in the hospital and then they will discharge me on Wednesday. I am scheduled to fly back to Detroit on Thursday.

The result of the biopsy will take 7-10 days.

The biopsy is a simple procedure where they make a small incision in the throat area and then take biopsies of the all the enlarged lymph nodes. I will be under general anesthesia and will zonked out tomorrow is my guess.

The chance of death is always present in any surgery, but I guess the chances are very small and not even worth mentioning. But...

Just in case I do die, I tell Neeta to be generous, and think about what I would do. I do not have time to write out a detailed Will like I have in the past. I also have a folder on my laptop labeled Money and Loans, and people owe me a lot of money and all those details are written in that folder, with each person having a separate excel file.

OK, so I am going to take a shower, pack and get ready to go to the hospital. See you all, hopefully, in a few days.