Saturday, October 26, 2013

Impulsive

I am little bit impulsive.  My Escalade's transmission started acting funny so instead of fixing it I went ahead and decided to buy a new car.  I bought a new Lexus LX570.

I have had it for 2 weeks now.  I took it for a trip to Wash DC and I have been driving it around here town.  I know that GM is back, because I miss my old Escalade. The Lexus costs $90,000 and the Escalade with the employe discount comes to around $70,000.

I hate the Lexus.

Here are all the problems with the Lexus LX570:

Drink Cups Holder to Shallow - In the Escalade the drink cup holders are deep and nice and there is no chance of the cup falling over.

Drink Cup Holder Made of Hard Plastic - In the Escalade the drink cup holders have a soft rubber coating and hold the cup where it is.

Seats are too small - The Escalade seats are much more comfortable than the Lexus seats

No Room in the third row when the seats are folded up. - In the Escalade if I take out the third row, there is plenty of room to haul around stuff.

Too Much Useless Stuff - All that off road nonsense is a waste.  How many people are going to take a Lexus off road.  Nobody.  Just get rid of all the off road nonsense, normal drivers will never use it.

Going fast the car does not feel stable - When you are going fast, the Escalade handles much better than the Lexus.  The Lexus is much quicker from a start, but on the Highway, the Escalade feels much safer.  The Lexus almost feels like you could tip over with a sharp maneuver. 

The rear seat entertainment system TV's are way too small.  I would rather have a big center TV, then those tiny TV's on the backseat of each car.   The Escalade's TV's are way better.

To watch the TV's in the back you have to put the DVD in the front and then the front people cannot listen to something else.  On the drive to DC, my mom was watching a movie and our choice was to listen to the audio or turn down the sound and the people in back could use their headphones.   - Oh my God, really.  This is advancement.  Ridiculous. 

My Ipod keeps freezing when I am playing it.  Then I have to disconnect it and connect it back and it works.  Not sure whose fault this is, but my Ipod never freezes when I use it normally.

The Front Command screen always comes back to the Map screen.  When I click on Audio screen after a while it comes back to the Map screen again.  I do not want to watch the stuid map all the time or any other screen.  I should be able to pick what screen I want the command screen to stay on.

Terrible gas mileage.  I know that I should not complain about gas mileage for a $90,000 car, but boy it sucks down gas on the highway.  The Escalade gets better gas mileage than this car.

I was so bugged by this car after just 2 weeks I went to the local Mercedes dealership and bought the 2014 S550.   It was a little bit more at $118,000, but I just had to get rid of the stupid LX570.  My new S550 will be coming in about 30 days.  It is currently in Germany.

Now I need to sell a new Lexus LX570.  Anybody want to buy a 2013 LX570 with 1600 miles.  I paid $85,000 plus tax for a total of $90,000.

I can sell it for $80,000 if anybody wants it.  The car is in new condition.  For a family member I can sell it for $75,000.  If you cannot get financing I can keep it in my name and you can pay the monthly payment.

I hate the car, but almost everybody else that drove it, loved it.  I likes things to be perfect, and I feel it does not come close to the comfort of an Escalade.

GM is back, if a buyer like me says that the Lexus LX570 sucks and he would rather have an Escalade, I think it is safe to say that GM is back and building great cars again.  I could pretty much get any car I want and it is safe to say that the only cars I will every drive again will be:

Mercedes S - Class
Cadillac Escalade

I have had both and both are by far the best cars I have ever driven my whole life.  They drive beautifully, and are very comfortable.

Cars I have hated, that I have owned:

Lexus LX570 - I hate this SUV - Compared to the Escalade it is total junk.

Mercedes E - Class - After you drive the S Class, you realize what a piece of junk the E class is.  There is simply no comparison.