Sunday, December 9, 2012

Housing in DC

I was looking at houses to buy in Wash DC and the prices are crazy.

I like the new Toll Brothers House in Leesburg VA.  They are about 5000 sqft houses on 3 acres of land.  I think I can get it for around $800,000.

Here  is the link:  http://www.tollbrothers.com/VA/Shenstone_Reserve

I also saw a few houses for 1,200,000 in Herndon VA that are in the Oakton School district and I think I may settle on a house there.  Leesburg is a little far, but with the Greenway Tollroad I do not think it will be a big deal.

But compared to Novi MI, the Northern VA area is crazy expensive. 

My guess is that I can get somewhere between $600,000 - $700,000 for my current house and the new house will cost me between $800,000 - $1,200,000.  Once I move to the DC area, I hope I can get over the sticker shock.