Friday, December 30, 2011

Lost Wallet

On the flight back from Miami, we could not get a direct flight to Detroit so we had to fly into Chicago with a connecting flight to Detroit. We had a 2 1/2 layover in Chicago.

We got to Chicago and there was a Starbucks right around the corner and I went and got a Hot Chocolate. Wife went to the restroom and I gave her a 5 dollar bill to get her Tea, that she drinks very morning. It was not enough so I gave her a $20. She got her tea and then gave me the change which I put int he wallet. I had about $500 in the wallet.

Then we sat at the gate for our flight and I noticed that I did not have my wallet when I landed in Detroit. I called the lost and found for American Airlines and left a message about what I lost.

I got a call the next day that they found my wallet and they fedexed it back to me.

The big question on everyone's mind was how much would in the wallet when it came back to me. I expected Zero, the way everyone was talking that they would return the wallet without taking anything out, you would have expected that their might be a chance for something to be in the wallet. So I got the wallet back and there was, $203 dollars left in the wallet. The only thing missing was my business card and that was it. The credit cards were out of order, but I got about half of the cash in the wallet back. I was surprised. I really truly expected zero back and I would have expected that loss without any issues, since it was my fault for losing the wallet.