Sunday, May 5, 2013

D. K. Adikesavulu

I mentioned I was here for a funeral of D. K. Adikesavulu and we were reminiscing with Srinu about his dad.

I have a personal story to tell about D. K. Adikesavulu that explains his character.

I was sitting in his office hanging out with him and in walks in a guy that he knows from Chitoor, his native village and asks for help in getting his daughter a medical seat.  DK talks to him for awhile and tells him that he will arrange for a seat and pay for everything.

After this guy leaves DK tells me that he used to work at a Government Sugar Factory as a clerk and to get the job he had submitted a fake graduation certificate.  This guy that had just come to ask for a seat for his daughter, was the one that had complained to management about the fake certificate and got him fired from that job.

So I asked him why he was willing to help him out, since he had harmed you in the past.

DK says that he was happy in the clerks job in Chitoor and  if this guy had not complained he would have died as an employee in that sugar factory.  He says when you look back in life, there are seminal events that change the entire course of your life and this was one of them for him. 

If he was not fired, he would not have gotten into business and eventually become who he is.

This story happened in front of me and I was a live witness to this.  That is someone who looks at the grand scheme of life and understands.  Sometimes failures lead to success.  Sometimes success are really failures.


DK has always liked me and he used to makes lots of jokes where I was around.  He may have been a big business man, but to me he was always the approachable, funny, kind uncle.

You will be missed DK.  RIP D. K. Adikesavulu.