Sunday, October 13, 2024

Rummy Game Dead in Novi

We used to play rummy when I was in Michigan almost everyday.  But the group was composed of mostly multi-millionaires and one billionaire.  Of course there was a limited number of average people also.  What used to happen in that game was that the billionaire lost most of the time so there was never a reason for the game to break up.

But I think the game in Michigan is officially broken.  All because one players inability to improve.  We have a player, D****, who plays and has lost a lot over the last one year.  

Rummy is an interesting game.  Easy to learn but takes a lifetime to master.  The thin line between winning and losing is very small.

I was there 2 weeks ago and won a lot and I was there last week and won a lot again.

But I realized this game was going to break up because of D****.  He plays way too many games and does not follow simple rules and he is just an average person and losing that amount is a big deal for him.

I offered to pay for his losses if he followed a set of rules I established.   Here is what I sent him:

I will pay for your losses today if you follow these rules

No playing single life games

Minimum to play is life with triplet or a joker with minimum 2 good life pair chances

2 triplet games ok to play if 2 or 3 card shows. If giving count on 2 triplet games stop playing those hands

That's it.  

In 2 deck games play very tight as far as discards. In 3 deck games it does not matter

After I sent the above he comes back to me and says that those rules work for others and not for him.  At that mmoment I realized he will never improve as a player and continue to lose.  The rules I established above are the basic rules to follow so you can win.  

Anyway we have one player that has been winning consistently for last one days named S*****.  Not that he is great player but just that he is running hot.  Incredibly hot.  I will give one game as an example.  He had a triplet and a joker.  He had QK of clubs and A2 of hearts K's triplet and two 44.  First card he gets was a 4 of hearts.  So he has two triplets and joker.  What he did not know was that I dropped and I had A and J of clubs.  So his chance for life was literally the 3 of hearts.  Next card he gets 3 of hearts.  12 made.  I figured ok.  His chance to show if very little because thr JA of clubs is gone so he has two 10 of clubs and the last 4 of hearts. Boom he gets 4 of hearts.  Show.

That is how hot he was running and has been running.  So today K********* sent out a message saying for S***** not to come to the game anymore because he has been winning.  Not accusing him of any wrong doing but simply that he is running to hot and winning.  But the real problem is D**** and his inability to improve.

Anyway I think the game in Michigan is dead all because of a bad player and his inability to improve his game.